- Age Minimum 21+, 35+, 45+ Divisions
- Players who turn 21, 35 or 45 prior to 11:59 p.m. on December 31 are eligible to play in the BAMSBL. Any player that turns 21, 35 or 45 during the calendar year is eligible to play the entire season.
- Any game(s) played with player(s) underage shall be deemed immediately forfeited by that team. The player(s) involved will also be ineligible for the duration of the current season, regardless of when the player(s) officially turns 21, 35, or 45 years old.
- A manager has the right to demand to inspect the identification of any player on the field, before, during or after an official BAMSBL game. Until the player produces acceptable identification, said player in question will not be allowed to participate in said game or any future games. Acceptable identification is defined as: a valid driver’s license, valid passport, valid Federal or State Government ID card or any identification which the umpire accepts as valid identification.
- Should the requesting manager still not be satisfied or agree with the authenticity of the identification presented, said manager will immediately (within 24 hours) file a protest to the League Office for review. Protest may be called in and followed up in writing explaining why the manager feels that the ID presented is still in question. Commissioner will then investigate and report findings to the Board for review, decision and any sanctions, if warranted.
- If any sanctions are applied, the normal appeal process will apply.
- The League Commissioner or Presidents reserve the right to grant age waivers on a case by case basis, when presented with a compelling reason to do so.
- Team Fees and Payment to the League(adopted January 2012)
One-third (1/3) due 2/15 $1,600 (example amount)
Two-thirds (2/3) due 3/15 $3,200
Full Payment due 4/15 $4,800
- Full Balance must be paid by June 30thwith agreement by Treasurer or Board by April 15th.
- If payment is not made in full by June 30th, or a specific agreement with the Treasurer or Board is not made by the June 30thdeadline, then effective immediately the team will not be allowed to play.
- Once the payment or an agreement is made, a team will be allowed to play on the league’s field.
- Any team which does not keep an agreement with the League to pay will not be allowed to play.
- Applicant Eligibility
An applicant is eligible to participate in league-sanctioned tryouts as long as they have met the following requirements:
- Will be turning 21 years of age during the calendar year and has means to verify it.
- Has completed the necessary league registration form(s).
- Is available to play on any team that exists in the region and age bracket for which they qualify.
- Free Agent Eligibility
- Unlimited in number, however no BAMSBL members from the previous year are eligible.
- Has completed the required registration/waiver form(s).
- Has provided the team manager with registration form.
- Has been put on the team roster for other team managers to verify the player’s eligibility.
Any team that has not verified the player has signed the required waiver form(s) and posted the player on their public roster before said player takes the field will forfeit their exclusive rights to that Free Agent. If the Free Agent still desires to play, they will be subjected to normal draft rules.
- The presiding league Board of Directors must approve any exceptions or deviations from the Free Agent Eligibility requirements.
- Draft Eligibility
A player is eligible for the BAMSBL draft pool as long as they have met the following criteria:
- Has attended and participated in one sanctioned Spring Workout for each division the candidate desires to play in (this can be waived by consent of all managers respective to their division), and followed the tryout program given by the Spring Workout Division Representative.
- Has presented a valid photo ID indicating at least 21, 35 or 45 years of age by the end of the year.
- Has completed registration form.
- Player Eligibility
A player is eligible to participate in league play as long as they have met the following requirements:
- Has paid in full the current Team membership fee.
- Has been properly drafted, traded or selected as a free agent according to league rules & guidelines.
- Has returned as a veteran player or was an eligible player on same team the previous year.
- Is properly attired.
- Is not currently serving a league suspension or game ejection.
- Is a BAMSBL member in good standing as defined by the BAMSBL Articles of Incorporation.
- Pool Players [REVISED MARCH 2015]
From time to time we hear from players who have heard about our league, but never played in the BAMSBL. Sometimes they will contact league presidents or the commissioner about playing in our league after the season has started. Also, some of these players may have been in the Tryouts and not Drafted. League presidents will put all of them into a “Players Pool” for future consideration by team representatives. A Pool Player may be added to a team in order to adjust the roster so as not to forfeit for lack of players.
- League presidents will keep a list of Pool Players as the season progresses.
- League presidents will offer Pool Players to all team representatives. Representatives may also ask to see the Pool Players list.
- The league president will control who is called and when, so as to follow up and see if the player actually gets on a team.
The BAMSBL sanctions the following types of trades:
- Interdivisional – Between teams within own division
- Player for player
- Player for current draft pick(s)
- Current draft pick for current draft pick
- Trading for future draft picks is not allowed
No outside compensation will be allowed for consummating a trade. Example: A player cannot be traded for baseball equipment or other fungible goods.
- Trades between age groups (Leagues)
If players are traded between different League teams, said players would be eligible only if the requisite minimum number of games is met by the players with their respective new teams, and they meet 35+ or 45+ age requirements. The established trading deadline will still apply.
- All trades must be approved by:
- Any and all involved parties
- Both managers
- League President
- Trading Deadline
The trade deadline is after the completion of the eighth (8th) scheduled game. No trades can be made after this time.
- Veterans Choosing Not to Return to Same Team
Veterans who choose not to return to their current team at the end of each season, a player may choose not to return to their current team. The player has three (3) options:
- Re-enter the draft. Player must notify team manager and attend 1 sanctioned spring tryout.
- Request a trade (see rule #145). Request must be made through current team manager.
- If a player sits out a full season, they have the option to become a free agent. A current player is not eligible to join another team via free agency. Once a current player has stepped on the tryout field, they are no longer eligible to return to their former team, unless they choose to draft him. If another team drafts him, no compensation is due the former team.
- Dissolution of Teams
Teams shall be declared dissolved only after the following steps have been taken: Coach or voted representative of affected BAMSBL team informs their BAMSBL League President, BAMSBL League Representative or BAMSBL Commissioner that said team has no one on roster willing to take over the responsibilities of a coach for the upcoming season. Said affected League Representative shall make an effort and explore all options available to find a coach for the affected team. If no coach can be found, then said Board may declare the team as a dissolved team. Coach of dissolving team is prohibited from coaching another team for that year without the express approval of said Board. If such actions can be proved or has the reasonable appearance of a violation of the above procedures or rules as determined by said Board, than teams, coaches and the player(s) involved may be subject to disciplinary measures including (but not limited to) censure and/or suspension.
- Anti-Merger Rule [Adopted March 2001]
No teams may be allowed to merge with other teams without the express approval of the BAMSBL Board. Said Board must approve of such a merger via simple majority vote.
- Anti-Raiding Rule [Adopted March 2001]
Teams and/or their coaches of the BAMSBL are prohibited from conspiring, colluding, or attempting (intentionally or unintentionally), to raid other team rosters, or cause teams (including their own) to dissolve for the purpose of forming new teams.
- Anti-Collusion Rule [Adopted March 2001]
Teams and/or their coaches of the BAMSBL are prohibited from conspiring, colluding or attempting (intentionally or unintentionally) to circumvent rules (written or unwritten), practices (written or unwritten) or precedents (written or unwritten). The BAMSBL Board and the Commissioner shall have sole discretion of determining if the teams or coaches of said teams have violated any of the aforementioned either in the present or future.
If such actions can be proved or has the reasonable appearance of a violation of the above as determined by said Board, than teams, coaches and any player(s) involved may be subject to disciplinary measures including (but not limited to) censure and/or suspension.
- Anti-Tampering Rule [Adopted March 2001]
BAMSBL teams and/or their coaches are prohibited from conspiring, colluding, or attempting (intentionally or unintentionally), to raid other BAMSBL team rosters for the purpose of filling their own roster or another team roster.
This includes (but is not limited to) suggesting or encouraging (intentionally or otherwise) players to quit their teams for the purpose of going into the draft so that they may be selected up by a team or its coach encouraged said player move. If such tampering can be proved or has the reasonable appearance of tampering as determined by said Board, than teams, coaches and the player(s) involved may be subject to disciplinary measures including (but not limited to) censure and/or suspension.